Monday 9 June 2008

Vacation / Staycation


I had a week with my folks recently. We did a bit of 'going away' and a bit of 'staycation' (good term Brisztow!). The 'going away' bit was just for a night on a boat. I'm not a big fan of boats.

For a start they are on water - and you should see the funny things you find on the water...


...and for another thing they shut you in the bedroom when they go through 'locks' because apparently they aren't safe. It's annoying but you can bark your head off to let them know that they're just being silly - I know all about keys and locks and I've never seen a dangerous one yet.

The best bit is sitting in the captains chair and giving out orders.


The staycation happened cos the boat broke (I told you they were stoopid). So we came home and did some excellent walks around the south coast and New Forest. We have also started cycling. This is great cos now I don't have to wait whilst they catch up with me - I can trot along and they manage to keep up just fine. Why on earth didn't they figure this out before? We have nice detours to rivers to keep me cool and I have my own special water bottle that fits onto the bike. Pretty cool. When we go along roads I get attached to mum's bike using this 'walky dog' attachment. It really means she doesn't have to pedal cos I provide power assistance...particularly when we meet a squirrel...ahem.

9 comments:

redgirls-in-scotland said...

Hey. Prince Charles. Atta boy. Yes. You sit in your Captain's Chair and tell them what's what. Humans can be very dim don't you think. Sometimes we redgirls despair also. We love your bandana btw. Raffish. MMMMM - yum

hugs to the wee man XXX

Delilah and Rocket said...

My mom is considering one of those bike attachment things for me too. I'd rather be off leash but she says I have too much selective deafness

Charlie said...

Just chase a few squirrels Rocket - you'll soon put your mum off! My mum's seat wasn't attached tightly enough when we went out for our first attempt - and I saw a squirrel and spun it 360... Hrm, but having said that she isn't put off yet...!

MAGGIE - aged 4, honest said...

Hey Charlie. Where d'you get the bike doo-dah from? My mum's thinking of taking me on bike rides, but is a bit worried that I'll disappear into the woods after deer and rabbits and things and never be seen again. I've tried telling her that so long as she has a pocket full of schmackos I'll always come back, but she's not so sure...

Charlie said...

Oh I like to disappear into the woods for the deer and squirrels. I caught my first rabbit the other day as well (delicious - ate it all up). My mum found the walky dog website in the US: http://www.walkydogusa.com/

Brisztow Jones said...

Dear Charlie Morph. I think you've hit on something - the walky dog! PERFECT. Mom has been trying to figure out how the whole family can get more exercise and that might just be the ticket.

Wuff,
Brisztow Jones

P.S. You are lucky our mum didn't make you wear a life preserver. My mom did when we went on the Ferry in Maine.

Charlie said...

They DID make me wear one Brisztow! I've never been so embarrassed in all my life!

Andrew Campbell said...

Capt. Morph: nice to see you assuming control of the vessel. Couldn't agree more with the Redgirls -- nice use of 'raffish' BTW -- you look quite the maritime pilot.

We salute you.
A+M+M+J

Kevin Olson said...

We have created a new social site for Vizsla Owners. Feel free to join and share with others.

http://vizslausa.ning.com/
Admin