Tuesday 22 July 2008

Flyball

We started flyball last night. We didn't realise we were going to, as we had just gone along to meet the group, but the organiser kindly invited us to join in and we had a blast! I had figured out the jumps by the end of the session, but the floor was just FAR too interesting to sniff in places so I didn't always retrieve the ball that quickly! It was in something called an 'indoor school' and there were loads of good smells to discover.

I had always thought of myself as a pretty fast mover, but you should see those collies. I looked positively gangly and slow in comparison! Still, it was only my first go so i've got plenty of time to improve.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Charlie that looks like great fun.
I'm going to have to get my mum to find me a class like that.
Where did you find out about it?
Love Hermione
xx

Charlie said...

Mum was at a horse yard treating some of the horses and happened to ask if they used their indoor school for agility or anything like that. Great result as we've been looking for AGES for something in our area.

Delilah and Rocket said...

Looks like fun but I've never bee interested in balls much I'm a rope kinda guy. Makes for interesting boating.

Rez said...

Wow, I missed the fly ball night at our agility class cos was in season but it looks great fun. Will you be able to do agility as well?? I hope you will, you'll love it, I do and were related so you just have to try it brov.

R xx

MAGGIE - aged 4, honest said...

Cool! Sounds like lots of fun. Must be tricky choosing between tennis balls and horse poo, though. I think I love both equally.

By the way, I guess this means tennis ball rehab is off the cards? Nice move!

Maggie
x

Andrew Campbell said...

Charles: splendid! well done, sir. and well done to your mum for finding an agility class (especially one with horse poo hors d'oeuvres).

A+M+M+J

Hamish said...

Charlie, yipee! What fun you must have had. If you want to go as fast as those collies, I suggest you imagine the ball is a sheep cos that's about as close as you're likely to get to chasing a real one.

I'm sure you'll do great with this secret (only for vizslak) technique.

x