Sunday 10 August 2008

My first rosette

Last weekend I went to my first ever show! It was a local show for the Margaret Green Foundation - an animal rescue centre. I entered the 'any variety - sporting' class with about 30 other dogs, including 3 other Vizslas! I wasn't too into this showing lark - it's pretty boring and then some weird person grabs you and then you get to run around and jump up and kiss mum before standing around being bored again. Mind you - something must have gone right cos I got picked for the 'line up'. This was also quite boring so I had a bit of a clean up whilst we stood there.

That extra bit of preening obviously paid off cos I got the fifth rosette! The guys who came higher up in the placing were obviously pros so I was quite pleased with myself!

Shame mum cut off my nose in this one though.

My buddy Radar got fourth in the 'most handsome dog' class too - after clearing up the prizes we went off and did what Vizslas do best. Ran around like mad idiots on a moor and then conked out under the table whilst the folks ate pub grub :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope someone slipped you a little pub grub to help you celebrate. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Well done Charlie ... nice one. I'm sure with a bit of practise you could easily come first.

From your half bro Bennet

Delilah and Rocket said...

Oh Charlie what a pretty rossett! Congrats. Did you get some good snacks after the pub!

MAGGIE - aged 4, honest said...

Nice work! Good manly colour for a rosette, too. Your folks must be ever so proud.

Maggie

Anonymous said...

Oooh I like that colour on you. I bet the first prize rosette wasn't such a nice colour. Mum says she likes the look of the red setter next to you. God knows why, they are stupid dogs. Apparently before I came along she had 2 of them. Thank god she saw sense. love rufus

Andrew Campbell said...

Sir Charles:

Congratulations. We've said it before and we'll say it again: you are one handsome devil! And like Rufus said, I don't think those other dogs could find a portion of KFC in a bag, let alone some nice stinky pheasants on a moor.

Bravo.

A+M+M+J

Brisztow Jones said...

Congratulations Charlie Morph! Fantastic.... but since you have won you haven't been writing.... could it be that you have gone the way of my brother Owe'n and will not longer speak to us commoners? I hope you are doing well and it is just that the show circuit lights keeping you moving.

Wuff,
Brisztow Jones.