Friday 16 January 2009

Smiling

Ziggi likes to smile. I do a fair bit of smiling too :-)

The other thing I do is wash myself with my paws and tongue. Does anyone else do this? Mum thinks it's because I think I'm a cat. I suppose Oscar has always been a role model for me so maybe i've learnt it off him? I lick my paw and rub it over my face. Great for getting those tasty eye bogeys hah hah.

I went for a cycle ride with my folks in the New Forest last weekend. It is SO much better when they cycle. Usually I'm hanging around waiting for them to keep up, looking over my shoulder etc, it really takes the 'flow' out of a walk I can tell you. But when they cycle they cruise along just behind me and we can FLY! Get so much further too!

I had a small area of skinned paw on my right foot before we went so mum put this boot on me as we were running so far. I ended up wearing right through it! What do other people do - my other feet seemed ok, they didn't wear through...maybe mum should trust to nature and let my pads do the work!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey hey, snap.

I don't clean like a cat though. Hmmm maybe I should try it sometime. I am always rubbing my legs on my face so maybe a bit of dampness will help.

On the feet front, I think it depends where you are running. Forest floors covered in leaves etc would be fine. Gravel a bit harder. I don't know. If your other paws didn't wear through I think you are ok.

licks and hugs
Zig

Anonymous said...

Meant to say you are looking very healthy. Definately not skin and bones anymore.

redgirls-in-scotland said...

mmm - must be a girl thing -we too could not help noticing just how well and fit you are looking. mmmm - swoon. Nope we don't do the wash trick - apart from attendance to matters relating to ahemmm personal hygiene we don't much wash at all. Our servant gets the worst of the mud off and that's that. Sorry about the poor sore paw. We have not had one of them either. hugs and licks XXXXX

Brisztow Jones said...

I wuff putting my eye bogeys on my Dad's pillow. Every morning!

Wuff,
Brisztow Jones.

Anonymous said...

Vigo also cleans herself like a cat, Radio used to also. must be a Vizsla thing...or just for those who live with cats apart from Ziggi who doesn't copy hers...?

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm Crawford! I cleans myself with my paws all the times, too! First I cleans my paws by licking thems and then I lick my other furs and rub my wets paws on its! But my mom still gives me baths anyway but it's goods because I likes the waters!!!

Anonymous said...

wow...atleast you arent completely mental for your dog...you havent started dressing them in human clothes yet...yet.