Monday 5 January 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! Sorry to have been so quiet in 2008, will have to make it my new year's resolution to write more blog posts. Christmas was fun, I got some cool toys, some robodog eyes and this VERY uncool hat, gah...

I have wanted to try agility for some time now, but if you're not a collie around here it doesn't seem possible. So I've decided that agility is for girls and have taken up the new sport of dog steeplechasing. Much tougher, much rougher, much better!





Speaking of dodgy hats...I went to the pub on boxing day and look what they did to me! It WAS cold outside mind you.


And I'm VERY unimpressed that the cold has led my feline housemates to discover my bed, which is all toasty by the radiator in mum's study. I suppose in his defence it *did* used to be his bed, but he never used it so fair's fair. It's mine really. But now I've got to share it. I think I will have to get a bit tougher with Oscar in 2009...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i say collies are for funny people anyway...i mean, a collie basically comes with a full attention button, whereas us vizslas are a different league.

but

i think that looks very much like agility to me!!!! - you could set up an across field agility court - a new sport that'd be great fun, seriously, one could make maps of jumps and dry drainpipes etc and have proper timed runs...

xA

Ed. said...

Okay the first steeplechase photo is awesome! I hope you have that in high enough resolution to zoom in and frame that one.

The second one is really, really funny because the person in the background looks like he's the jockey on the steeplechasedog! Or am I the only one who sees that?

Very cool though, he is getting some serious air and really seems to love it!

Charlie said...

LOL hadn't noticed dad was riding me. ouch!

Andrew Campbell said...

Wooooh, Sir Charles! have you considered either snowboarding or basketball with hang-time like that?

Happy New Year!
A+M+M+J

Rez said...

Hey Brov come to our agility, although as usuall my hurty paw has prevented training for a while. There are allsorts of doggies there. Looks like your a bit busy in the pub though, wish my Mum would take us.

R xx