Saturday 8 March 2008

R&R

I've had my last injection at the vet's now and have been discharged. I get to go back to my regular vet next Friday to have my stitches out and then I can start going walkies again - yay! But there's a whole lotta time between now and next Friday so we're experimenting with different ways of having fun. My favourite ways revolve around food. The clever lady in the pet shop said why didn't they stuff a big chunk of cheese inside my kong stuffaball for entertainment. This has kept me busy for about 45 minutes! Well that and watching dad mince beef for burgers :-)

Last week mum was clearing out her wardrobe and decided to throw away some old sweaters. She used to love this one and wore it all the time but it's got a big hole in the elbow. She didn't want to throw it away so I get to have it as backup for my equafleece. Not so sure about this mum. I don't think the colours are 'me'.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you don't have to have any more injections.
You mum is being very kind doing all of this entertainment for you. Mum says she sympathises with you as an under exercised vizsla is not one of her favourite things!

All the best
Zig

MAGGIE - aged 4, honest said...

Hey Charlie. Really sorry to hear you've been in the wars again. Hope you're back on top form soon.

If you're in the market for keeping-a-vizsla-quiet treats, corned beef is my favourite. I've got a kong thing like yours, and my mum stuffs it with corned beef - the lean tinned sort, when it's room temperature and a bit squishy - then puts it in the fridge for a bit til its gone solid. Sometimes it keeps me quiet for a whole hour...

Maggie

Charlie said...

Mmmmm corned beef. I think I can persuade mum to try that one tomorrow - I can persuade her by offering her a slice for her sandwich first perhaps?

Delilah and Rocket said...

You have a great mum to keep you so occupied while recouping. My humans put a bit of peanut butter in my kong just before they leave the house. YUM! it's the best

Delilah and Rocket said...

I forgot to mention the sweater ...... um..... try blue it would be more manly