Saturday 10 March 2007

Sore paw

Feeling a bit sorry for myself at the mo. I did something funny to my paw on Thursday night. I'm not quite sure what but I think it was just as I was leaving the house on my way out for walkies with Maggie. I started to limp so we had to turn around and it got so sore that I didn't want to put any weight on it at all.

Mum took me to the vet to find out what the matter was but he couldn't see anything. He pushed and prodded me about and I was very brave and didn't make a peep. He did spot a tiny black dot though so we think I might have a splinter. I'm on something called painkillers - I think they make me feel better but they taste real funny. Anyway apparently if I'm not 100% by tomorrow morning I might have to have an x-ray just to check that things are ok. Boo. I'm starting to put my foot down a bit more now, so paws crossed.

The biggest disappointment of it all was that I was due to take my Good Citizen Bronze Award last night. I've been working really hard for it and was sure to pass, but I've had to put it off now cos I couldn't go round on three legs really. Apparently one of the other pups wasn't very well either so they're going to let us have another go in the next few weeks.

No comments: