Thursday 22 March 2007

Szervusz!


I just met a fellow countryman in the park - a Hungarian Puli (pictured above). Puli to rhyme with pulley, not poooli as his dad told us. Of course I could have told you that too - as I'm Hungarian myself. I am fluent you know - my mum was born in Hungary and she made sure we pups were bilingual. Anyway - we had the best conversation - we woofed and woofed for ages. It's not like me to woof at other dogs so even mum was able to realise that we were enjoying the chance to speak in the mother tongue.

3 comments:

redgirls-in-scotland said...

Yikes.Fellow expat or not, WE would have run away.

Radio said...

...or have gone to Harvey for a bit of grooming....(redgirls don't know what they are missing out on - if only they had some longer locks)

redgirls-in-scotland said...

oh but redgirls DO know what they are missing out on. And mind dreadfully. Sigh.