Monday 15 October 2007

How Charlie got his bark back

I've felt so much better this weekend. I went to my grandma's house and it was so nice to get out and about it made me feel like a different dog. I was so excited about everything that I decided to bark pretty much non stop. Even at a pretty young Vizsla pup called Evie that I met, sorry Evie, I'm not feeling quite myself.

Something that needed LOTS of barking at was this boat we went on. I wasn't too happy about getting on at all so I had to stand next to it and shout at it. Didn't seem to make it go away though. Boating is ok if you've got someone close by to make sure you don't fall off but I don't like the uppy-downy floating land things that they moor up against AT ALL.

You didn't tell me you had a boat Ditto?!

Everything got a bit much for me by the end of the afternoon - so I had to have a nap.

Bedroom rights are still in place. Mum has said I can stay there til I've had my stitches out this Wednesday. I'm kindof hoping to stay up there permanently but dad isn't having it. I will have to work on him a bit more carefully I think. Maybe jumping on the bed at 5am isn't the right tactic?

4 comments:

Ditto said...

Great to hear you are feeling better again. Lots of barking too, always good for attention from humans.

Hmm will have to get mum to take me on a boat, but not too sure what I would think of it, they look a bit scarey, I remember jumping into what I thought was a puddle but turned out to be a canal and I couldnt get out.

Jumping on Dad at 5am in a morning sounds like fun, I am sleeping on my own at the mo and cant even jump on Dexter :-(

I'm hoping to sneak in with him one night when mum's back is turned but she seems to be keeping a very strict eye on me at the moment.

Ditto

Charlie said...

Boo humans are just so annoying sometimes aren't they.

I know what you mean about boats being scary - i didn't want to get on at all but then when I'd managed that i really didn't want to get off!

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice pictures Charlie. Has your mum got a new camera? Perhaps we can persuade Goulash to take us out on her boat sometime.

Lots of people have commented that my bark has got much deeper. Apparently something that happens when you get older.

I don't even know where my parent's bed is. I think it's up some stairs that I'm not allowed up. They disappear up there every night so I guess it's up there. That's where those darn cats seem to live as well.

Charlie said...

Yes I never knew what upstairs was either until quite recently. I'm not sure eating a tennis ball is the best way to go about getting bedroom rights though. Bit drastic!