Wednesday 3 October 2007

Sick boy :-(

Well being 1 isn't all that great so far. On Thursday I came down with a very painful tummy which lasted all weekend. I wasn't eating anything at all and was throwing up and feeling VERY sorry for myself. I went to visit the vet and had a bunch of injections that made me feel a bit better but still not great.

I went back to the vet on Monday and he found a hard painful spot in my guts that they thought might be a blockage. I was going to go back in for another check on Tuesday to see if the blockage had moved, and if not be x-rayed and operated on. Gulp. All the prodding seemed to move things along a bit though and I managed to 'do my business' on Monday night. After that I started to feel a lot better and the vet confirmed my suspected blockage had moved on.

I lost over 3kg over the weekend although i've started to eat again now. Redgirls would be very impressed with my size zero-ness. I'm still a bit sore after eating and keep doing this play bow kind of stand which makes me feel a bit better but freaks mum out.

I will have to take things a bit easy for a few days I think. It's a shame cos I missed my silver award on Friday night (I'm good at missing those awards) and I'm going to miss a gundog training session on Sunday cos they don't think i'm up to it. Still, at least I have been on a couple of proper walks now so hopefully I will bounce back soon.

5 comments:

Rez said...

You can get out of loads of stuff pulling a sicky. I did it at a working test and later got a limp so i could get more cheese. Get well soon brov.

Charlie said...

Thanks sis!

I'm not going to be allowed any cheese for a while. Boo. Just this boring tinned stuff (well, I quite like it but don't tell THEM that).

Diesel said...

Hello Charlie,

3kg is a lot of weight to lose in a weekend,you must be really bad.
Rosie lost that much when she didn't eat for a week,that was caused by Sam and Ella apparently.
She had £500 worth of tests done and was even shaved for an operation to see what was wrong with her.
Fortunately she got better even before the test results came back.
That Silver award sounds very impressive.
I was working towards my Gold award once I think,it was a long time ago and I'm not sure,Anthony does not know either because he did not have me then.
I am also doing some gundog training,at least Anthony tries to teach me anything he can find in books but frankly his teaching is just not up to my standard.
Do you go to proper classes?
What do they teach you?

Diesel.

Diesel said...

Hello Charlie,

I forgot to mention,your sister is really cute.

Diesel.

Brisztow Jones said...

Rut Row! I only just heard about this! I am so sad for you but am glad that you are getting better.

I too have blockages sometimes, though they have never stopped me from eating. It's because I like to eat sticks and then sometimes when I've had to much it's much harder to pass. I do the downward dog play bow too. Once mom took me for an x-ray, and the vet said it would simply work its way to a resolution.