Saturday 26 May 2007

The cup!

Things were a bit different at training class last night. It was an 'anniversary party' and there must have been over 20 dogs there. I can't count much higher than that as I don't have enough paws you see. Anything over 16 is lots. If i had dew claws still i guess it would be anything over 18 :-)

Anyway - they did a 'prize giving' and I won the Pawsitive Anniversary Cup!!! People had to nominate the dog they thought most deserving. I had no idea I might win! I was quite unprepared with no acceptance speech ready or anything. Mum and dad were worse than useless - all gushing and emotional. I had to settle with looking a bit noble. I have the cup at home at the mo to show my pals, it's got my name engraved on it and everything, then it's going to go back to be kept at the class. I do have a smaller version to keep forever though. My first trophy!


Later on we did some party games and I won the off-lead heelwork. This is pretty funny cos this morning I dragged mum and dad around the roads to the park. Still, I can pull it out of the bag when I need to and that is the best way. I also got a prize for figuring out this cool toy that if you tilted it just right it delivered treats from a pipe. And best of all I got to bring the toy home! Oh and it's my 8 month birthday today!!

8 comments:

redgirls-in-scotland said...

Grudging. With gritted teeth. As you know redgirls are not fond of the obedience word. HOWEVER even we have to give it to little charlie morph. What a star. Clever clever boy. Redgirls like men with brains.

So did your humans really get teary?? We hope you maximised THAT opportunity !!

One day we will meet you. XXX

Charlie said...

Yes they were HOPELESS! Humans are stoopid aren't they. I'm starting to 'get' the obedience thing though - work it when they really really want it and then behave like a little monster the rest of the time. Redgirls will be pleased to know I've been a true horror ALL DAY today.

redgirls-in-scotland said...

Horror ?? Naughty ?? Oh PLEEEZE tell all. (Redgirls tucking themselves up and waiting for a bedtime story)

Charlie said...

Ah sorry redgirls I had gone to bed already and didn't get to give you your bedtime story. Well, I say gone to bed - I like to zoom around the MOST just before bedtime so that they can't sit quietly - this is a GOOD TACTIC as it means I get something to 'shut me up'. Last night was a kong filled with delicious stuff and frozen. Highly recommended. My worst behaviour yesterday was, I think, repeated leaping up at them. I think it must have been the worst cos I got told off the most. Then it was the eating the mop (I do know better, but pretended I'd forgotten). And refusing to go to sleep AT ALL all day. Tiring, but worth it for the wind up.

Anonymous said...

charlie, well done! tomorrow it looks like we'll be wearing raincoats...how cool's that (hardly)

Radio

Charlie said...

Boooo rain. You know we might just get away with it but I'm bringing my coat just in case I get cold, no matter what mum and dad say.

Anonymous said...

WELL DONE little Bruv...or should that be Big Bruv!!

Luv n hugs

Yoji xxxx

Charlie said...

Thanks sis! Happy 8 months birthday to you too!