Wednesday 2 May 2007

Swimming!

Today I went swimming in a special pool just for dogs. I've been in the sea and ponds and stuff but I get a bit nervous in the waves, so this was to hone my technique and get me enjoying it....and boy did I enjoy it! I started off by being led around but soon was ready to go off on my own. I dove in and zoomed off after the squeaky toy and retrieved it like a pro.

I took the jacket off after a while when I was feeling really confident. I couldn't get enough of it. I soaked mum and the other ladies there quite thoroughly each time I dove in. Apparently I swim like a labrador - using my front legs and letting the back ones tuck up. I call it 'economical'. I did use my back legs on the way to retrieve the toy though - didn't want to hang around letting it escape or anything. Quite tired now. Need a nap.

2 comments:

redgirls-in-scotland said...

It's pink !! Your toy is pink! We love it. We're going to update our birthday wish list.

Brisztow Jones said...

Nice move Charlie Morph! My mom never took me to swimming lessons. I had to learn by falling into a lake -- sink or swim so to speak.