Friday 18 May 2007

My friend Oscar

I've been seeing lots of different animals recently - I see my pal Oscar quite a bit but I saw cows, horses AND deer in the New Forest the other night. I have to admit to being just a teensy bit nervous when the horse made this horrible snorting noise. Mum said I looked like a spooked young horse myself. Don't know what she means.

Last night I saw a pigeon on the ground that might have been sick or might have been a baby - and I really wanted to go see it but they called me away. They used my special whistle that makes me come back to them like a shot, but even with that I was pretty torn about which way to turn! At the very least I could have got some feathers or something to take home to remember it by - like the red girls.

I've got tons of energy at the moment and have just had a manic race about the park with my friend China. She's a little Staffie and 11 months old. So she's a bit wiser than me but still loves to play. We raced around the WHOLE time without stopping. And I'm still a bit lively now. Mum says I need to calm down cos it's just the two of us this weekend (well, four with those cats) cos dad is on a stag weekend. I'm not sure what this means but obviously something to do with deer. Good call dad, deer are very interesting and smell good.

3 comments:

redgirls-in-scotland said...

Dearest little charlie

Your mentors in chief here. Feeling very socially responsible. Now. Redgirls do NOT like to hear language such as Mum "makes me" or "tells me". Dear Boy. You have been brainwashed by that frightful good citizens garbage and that awful obedience word. It's all propaganda don't you see. So here is what WE do. We do not actively disobey (that winds them up big time) No. We just pretend that we haven't heard. The wind has blown away her yelling and whistling and shouting. Try deafness. Now.Whilst you have this wonderful "teenage" window.XXX
Ps We hope your dad enjoys his stags.

redgirls-in-scotland said...

Oh. And another thing. Your "friend" Oscar. Redgirls are big time into body language. And we think your pic says "stand off" To us Oscar doesn't look very "friendly" at all. But then again redgirls do not have any cat chums. So what do we know.

Charlie said...

Hum you're right - i'm indoctrinated into this 'obedience' lark. I'm trying a little bit to be rebellious - I wouldn't 'go to my bed' at class last night....hah hah - small steps.

Oscar is strange with me - he rubs me and rolls all over in front of me one minute, but the next he shrieks and uses those spiky claws of his. Guess he can't work me out either. Funny creatures, cats.