Tuesday 29 May 2007

Working test

Yesterday I went to a 'working test' which is not like work at all and not really like a test either. Well, at least my class wasn't. I was a 'special beginner' which meant I got a bit of tuition in what on earth this whole thing is about. I liked the water retrieve the most. In fact I liked it so much I dropped my dummy into the PROPER river (not that silly little stream they were using for practice) and got to do a REAL swim. I wasn't very good at something called 'steadiness' but I get away with this by being a baby. It was a VERY cold day which I wasn't very impressed with and I got a bit sorry for myself towards the end - I'm not used to being awake for SO many hours. But the best bit was getting to meet my fellow bloggers Radio and Hamish!

Radio is very clever - he won the scurry and did loads of good work in his test. Hamish is more like me - more interested in puppy stuff than this 'work' business. We had some great wrestles , though we did take time out to look a bit noble.

Mum and dad said they learnt a lot and had a great time. I'm not so sure - I think it's all a bit cold to be sitting around for so many hours when you're only a little pup like me. I would quite have liked it if we just went on a good old walk.

2 comments:

Radio said...

well done water retrieve charlie morph! radio jumped into the stream to retrieve the fast moving dummy before it was even thrown...oh well...we had lots of fun.

was really nice to meet you three (counting charlie's humans here of course).

see you at crufts 2008 (????....???? - don't say you won't try cause Charlie and Hamish were both told by GG that they were quite the beauties).

radio is hooked on water retrieving, and since there is no water class at crufts he won't even try.

Charlie said...

Lovely to meet you three too Radio. Sorry I wasn't on top form and had to leave early :-(. I was sick a couple more times last night and have been feeling very sorry for myself since. I think I must have picked up something in the cold (I HATE cold!). Not sure about Crufts though kind of you to say such nice things - my white front is a bit too big apparently :-( although nice and straight!